Saturday, December 1, 2012

Lesson 9: Portraits


Portraits of people might be my favorite thing to do.  Let me be specific actually--candid portraits.  I enjoy seeing people looking natural and beautiful in a way that doesn't portray what they are trying to show, but more so of who they really are.  I love catching glimpses of people during moments of their lives when they forget to do anything but be.  So, naturally for this assignment-I did the opposite of what I normally love to do.  I took posed portraits of my niece to help me practice doing posed people photos while I'm visiting family in Orlando.  I had a bit of issues in some areas-for example: Telling the subject how to move, pose and model for me.  I had absolutely no idea what to tell her because she wanted photos with a globe of the world and I wasn't sure how to fit that in.  I kept telling her to put her hand on her hip, look at me and smile before then stating "Stay in the same pose, I didn't light that correctly."  I had difficulty focusing on my lighting and my subject at the same time.  You know, there is no pressure when you're taking candid photos and the subject has no idea you were taking their shots in the first place.  I plan to add more of these throughout the week, however these are my first for this project.








Although portraits are technically people, my plans for portraits flopped this week when my nephew got sick.  However a surprise landed in the backyard at my sisters house earlier tonight.  I figured why not?  Animals need portraits too.  =]




No comments:

Post a Comment